Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My first Clear Album

This is my very first attempt at doing a clear album!!! I was so excited about trying it out cos i have never had a chance to use my STAZ on inks before!!! It has a very cluttered look (I know) but i wanted to load as many pics that I could which would best represent Bali. I know I need to work on more clean, simple LOs so I will be attempting to do those too.





For the front pages, I decided to incorporated both die cuts and stamping....to see how the effects were. In this album, I also did a lot of journaling, as I felt that this vacation really was worth remembering. I had a fabulous time!!! I also applied some new techniques which included using scraps from box covers, paints and other mediums.



This is one my fave pages of the album...This was taken at the Bonsai garden just before you hit the beach. There are so many potted plants that can be purchased but it was kinda hard to buy them and transport them back by plane to Singapore without causing any damage so i decided to just take pics instead.



I have always been facinated by Batik and the fact that it is painstakingly done by hand using a wax resists technique. That is truly a work of art and I did end up buying some pieces of Batik but I had to photograph the gals hard at work at creating these breathtaking masterpieces.





Bali is really a place of a thousand temples. According to some travel critics or writers there are more temples in Bali than there are homes!! I guess to some extent they are right, cos every home has a "mini temple" built right on their property and of course there are the main temples which are the tourist attractions and other lil temples dotted along the island so that people can do their prayers which are done 5 times daily.







This is also another fave from the clear album......The view from the top of the Ulu Watu Temple is just glorious but the walk up to the summit was no joke at all!!!! I decided to stamp around the edges of the page and add stickles and some Prima flowers. The journaling was done vertically so that the main focus would be on the pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment